Mucros Weavers fully respect your rights to privacy and is committed to strict adherence to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which became fully effective on 25 May 2018 as well as the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who we are and what we do:
Mucros Weavers, Muckross House, Killarney, Co Kerry.
This Privacy Notice is primarily directed to individuals who wish to contact us, to inquire about us and our products, to or just obtain information generally.
If you wish to contact us on any issue regarding your data protection, the following are the contact options.
Post: Mucros Weavers, Muckross House, Killarney, Co Kerry.
Tel: +353 64 663 4526
This Privacy Statement sets out how Mucros Weavers use and process any information that you give to us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, transfer, process, use and disclose your data and sets out our security practices.
What we collect
We collect personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. We only do this when you have provided us with the information and you have given your consent that we can use it in your interest for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. This PII may include your name, private or corporate email address.
How we use your Personal Information and the Legal basis for doing so
Any personal data you volunteer will be used for the purpose for which you supply it and will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
Mucros Weavers collect and use your personal information (PI) to provide the services and supports that we offer and that you have requested.
Your information will only be used for the purposes of provided information support or services to you. We are not affiliated with any other companies, bodies or entities of any kind and we will never share or disclose your personal data or information with any third parties.
By providing your PI, and where you have agreed to receiving communications from us, we may use the information:
1. to avail of our services
2. to respond to your requests
3. to improve our level of service
4. to seek your views on our services
5. for legal, contractual and other lawful compliance services.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is that you have explicitly given your consent to us. This consent can be given at the time of initially seeking our services or having read the company’s Privacy Statement providing explicit consent to our continuing use of the personal data you have supplied us.
Subject to other applicable legal requirements, we intend, in general, to hold and include your personal data in our database for no longer than 3 years. This retention period is based on our experience that many people who contact us may wish to contact us again and or may wish to hear from us with regards to the products that we sell.
Each individual has the right to withdraw their consent and have their personal information erased at any time.
1. Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
2. Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
3. Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018 subject to the conditions set out above relating to paper or hard copy.
4. Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
5. Right of portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
6. Right to object – you have the right to object & opt-out of certain types of communication. Please note that we do not engage in direct marketing of any kind to those who have either not subscribed to our database or made a request for information. We do not disclose or share your personal data with any third party. Any correspondence or literature that we send you will be requested directly by you.
All of the above requests can be directed to Mucros Weavers contact point listed in this Statement. They will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority:
Data Protection Commissioner:
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0761) 104 800
LoCall: 1890 25 22 31
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
How we protect your PII
Mucros Weavers will take all appropriate legal, organisational, and technical measures to protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or a mobile phone network connection is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your PI, we cannot guarantee the security of the PI you transmit to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur during transmission, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your data.
Mucros Weavers take their obligations very seriously and adopts the strongest line in relation to the misuse of personal data or information by any of its staff or members.
Any breach of trust regarding the confidentiality of information is treated as serious misconduct if an employee under the Disciplinary Code and can lead to sanctions up to and including dismissal.
Sharing PII with third parties
We do not share your information with any third parties.
Our websites and mobile applications may use technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a server. Cookies allow our websites and mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. The website or mobile application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify your cookie preferences.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may from time to time provide links to or embed third party websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
1. how these websites treat your PII
2. the content of such websites
3. the use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering any PII.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If the changes we make are material, we also may post a notice regarding the changes on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the PII we collect.
Information from outside sources
We may also collect legally obtained information from third parties to add to our existing user databases, for example, references. Such Information will only be collected and used by us to fulfil our services to our clients and candidates.